Tuesday 11 August 2015

The Ferris Wheel

The  Ferris Wheel


I be a lone ferris wheel in an an abondaned amusement park,
I stand above all my fellow rides,yet I have no company.
There were times,when multi-coloured lights on my body used to attract crowds from distant lands to my dwelling place,
There were times,when there used to be a long line of humans waiting patiently for their chance so that they could sit on one of my cabs and take in the mystique beauty of the city when they reached the top,
There were times when couples deep in love used to come to me so that they could be with one another in solitude,far,far away from the society which questioned their love,
There were times when small kids dreamt of growing up fast so that they could take a ride on one of my cabins,
There were times when I used to be the jewel of my the eyes of my owner and was cleaned every day.

But now I stand all alone,slowly shattering under my own weight,
The lights that once adored me are now increasing the attraction of a hippie's house,
The paint on my body that shone in the sun has almost peeled off completely making my iron frame full of rust,
The cabins that housed humans once are now home to pigeons,who pay me with their crap.

I envy the new roller coaster and the new giant ferris wheel across the river besides the new city,
Why shoudn't I? After all they are the reason for my sad plight,
I stand all alone in this abondaned park in a deserted tow,waiting to be sold off as scrap or turn to dust as rust.
~Shayon

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Contributors

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Copyright © sarcastic minion ;) | Powered by Blogger
Design by Saeed Salam | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com